Monday, August 22, 2005

Q-and-A with Andy Roddick

Q. I think after Wimbledon they asked you what you would do next time against Roger. You said, "Next time I may have to punch him." Do you have a Plan B?

ANDY RODDICK: Kick him (smiling).

Q. Your foot's hurting.

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. Left foot.

Q. Is he the one guy that you are chasing? I mean, there's a lot of good players, but is he the one guy who you personally want to beat?

ANDY RODDICK: Well, I think he's the guy that all of us are chasing, you know. I think there's ‑ he's the main guy and then there's probably four or five of us that are ‑ I don't know. Maybe we need to do just a tag team effort or something, join forces, you know, like Power Rangers or something. But I think he's that one guy that we're chasing.

This is what makes Andy Roddick such good interview material, and this is one indication of just how good Roger Federer is: his peers are awed and often use exaggerated terms to describe him, thereby redefining him.

No comments: