Tuesday, May 24, 2005

VVS Laxman, the photographer

I woke up this morning to the beep of an SMS. It was from VVS Laxman, saying that I should credit him as the photographer of the small picture on page 10. It was strange. I wondered why, but I wasn't going to fight it. So I thought 'ok' and lay back in bed until it struck me that I wasn't awake, and therefore VVS Laxman didn't message me. Then I woke up. It was a message from someone else.

It has everything to do with closing the magazine. Yeah, that's it.

4 comments:

Soultan of Swing said...

Hahaha, u been working too hard Rahul!
BTW I managed to pick up a copy of India:57 (the older one) off Amazon..pretty interesting read, althought Arundhati Roy right at the end left a slightly bitter taste in my head/mouth!

Rahul Bhatia said...

:D I'm glad to be in Indore, just chilling for a few days, doing nothing but writing, eating and sleeping...!

I've tried getting my hands on that issue, but no one seems to have it here. Guess Amazon will be checked out soon. But listen, here's a tip. If you can, get these Granta issues sent to you from India. Last I checked, they are quite reasonably priced here. About 290 rupees. That's about $6.5.

'Things Can Change in a Day'...that's her essay, isn't it? I have yet to read it. By the way, I had read Dalrymple's 'Caste Wars' in another book, called 'Age of Kali'. There's a fabulous essay about his time with the Tamil Tigers. Worth a read...

Soultan of Swing said...

rahul,
"things can change in a day" is nothing but a ^&%&%^&%& rehash of a chapter from the "GoST"....the ice-cream wallah in the movie theater....sorry to break the 'suspense'
yeah i actually have asked my cuzin to get me zatta's book. the cricshop cost is kinda steep!
i'm always on the lookout for good stuff (used) on amazon...
i'm picking up this book on "1000 places to see before u die"..shd be good...

Rahul Bhatia said...

I picked up Pankaj Mishra's 'India in Mind' today. So far so good!